January 9, 2008

james ellroy

James Ellroy came to our school to speak today. If you don't know who he is (I didn't), he's the guy who wrote
The Black Dahlia and L.A. Confidential
Yeah. So I didn't go listen, but apparently he's really cocky, thinks all his works are masterpieces, and he called Ian Sander "Mohawk." Teehee.

Breakfast 240

Another attempt at Swiss Bircher muesli -- oats, yogurt, raisins, cinnamon.
I really need to figure out something super-filling to have for breakfast, because I was hungry, like, 10 minutes into second period. Maybe I should eat breakfast later (after I take a shower and all that jazz).

Morning snacks 120

Baby carrots, Fuji apple

Lunch 350

Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli. This stuff is so good, I was thinking about it during my free sixth period and wishing I had more. Seriously.

Afternoon sweets 450

1 Chocolate cake with fluffy chocolate frosting from Ralphs. It was Mrs. Ursettie's birthday, so Leo Club got her a huge cake. It was soo good -- tasted a little like ice cream cake. Mmm.
2 Gigantic chocolate chip cookie stolen from Mr. Roffina's midterm study tip sesh. The school kitchen bakes them -- they wouldn't give me and Lisa the recipe. Crud. They're perfectly crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. Plus there's like a million chocolate chips and they're all melty and delicious. How do they do it?!

Dinner 320

Sou si (hand torn) chicken, edamame stir-fried with luo buo gan (dried daikon radish), beancurd

Steamy chicken soup (ooh) and of course, rice

Post-dinner munchies 27320

Supersweet Fuyu persimmon (it's like ambrosia ... so good), Ritter dark chocolate bar with whole hazelnuts

Dreyer's loaded cookies 'n cream ice cream

Soy glazed walnut, crumbs left over from corn muffin baking

Total 1800

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

elroy isn't cocky. haha well.. he is, but in a funny way. you shoulda gone it was worth it